The Czech Education Research Association
The Faculty of Humanities, Tomas Bata University in Zlín
cordially invite you to the
XXVIth Annual Conference of the Czech Education Research Association (CERA)
on the theme
TRANSDISCIPLINARITY IN THE EDUCATIONAL SCIENCES
The Faculty of Humanities is honored to host this event in its recently completed building designed by world-famous architect Eva Jiřičná. All interested members of the general public, students of pedagogy, colleagues working in education at all levels, as well as professionals from Czech and foreign universities are welcome.
The conference will be held under the auspices of the Dean of the Faculty of Humanities, Tomas Bata University in Zlín, doc. Ing. Anežka Lengálová, Ph.D.
With the participation of distinguished guests from the Czech Republic and abroad, we believe that both the conference program and the individual seminars prepared (not only) for doctoral students will provide conference participants with a rich environment in which productive discussions integrating the various disciplines can take place.
Dates of the conference: 13 – 14 September 2018
Expert seminars (not only) for doctoral students: 12 September 2018
Faculty of Humanities, Tomas Bata University, building U18
Zlín, Czech Republic
Transdisciplinarity is a response to the challenge of the growing complexity in research fields in which the pedagogical sciences also operate. Transdisciplinarity thus constitutes a new discipline bringing together spaces where scientific disciplines overlap, and on this basis new sciences emerge. The establishment of such innovative disciplines is possible only when the intersecting areas are quite substantial as well as when the sciences within these overlapping areas are sufficiently developed. It is not only about exploring what lies between each discipline, but where multiple fields converge. The pedagogical sciences define their core content around their own leading concepts, and from these paradigms are able to simultaneously build „border zones“ in which cooperation with other disciplines becomes essential. The XXVIth Conference of the Czech Educational Research Association will be devoted to exploring these core propositions.
Many of today’s problems in education are so complex that one specialized discipline is not sufficient to address them. These multi-faceted issues require transdisciplinary solutions.
Transdisciplinarity in the pedagogical sciences will therefore be at the heart of the 26th year of the association’s conference with the central goal of proposing answers to questions related to how the transdisciplinary approach can enrich knowledge in the research topics represented by the individual sections.
The following esteemed guests are scheduled to present keynote addresses:
- doc. PhDr. Tomáš Janík, Ph.D.; doc. PaedDr. Jan Slavík, CSc.: “Curriculum wars, departmentalism and transdidactics“ (Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic)
- prof. William Havice, prof. Pamela Havice: “Teacher Training in STEM Education” (Clemson University, South Carolina, USA)
Other invited guests for the plenary sessions include prof. PhDr. Štefan Porubský, PhD. (UMB in Banská Bystrica, Slovakia), as well as the winner of last year’s poster section Mgr. Cyril Brom, Ph.D., along with other colleagues.
CALL FOR PAPERS:
Conference participants can sign up for several sections.
Traditional sections of the Czech Education Research Association conference:
1. Theories and methods in pedagogy
• educational paradigms and discourses
• pedagogical terminology
• ethical issues of educational research and pedagogical practice
2. The individual in education and instruction
• education and instruction of individuals of any age
• issues of pedagogical-psychological diagnostics
• education and instruction of individuals with special needs
• inclusion issues
3. Teachers and other education workers
• teaching profession
• other education workers
• adult and lifelong education
4. Objectives and content of education and instruction
• goals and content of education and instruction
• conditionality in a historical and philosophical perspective
• current challenges of curriculum reform within the Czech environment
5. Processes and outcomes of education and instruction
• educational processes
• teaching and learning both in schools and in extracurricular environments
• planned and / or unexpected results or effects of education
• quality and efficiency in education
6. Theory and practice regarding the operations of educational and other learning institutions
• administration, management and development of schools
• educational and instructional institutions
• present and expected transformations
7. Poster section
Papers in this section will be on topics related to pedagogical research. Contributions based on the interconnection of various key research topics may also be presented.
8. Transdisciplinarity in the educational sciences
Papers related to the main topic of the conference will be presented in this section.
- Strategies of classroom management (by pre-service teachers and their mentors)
- Relation between characteristics of the instructional communication and pupils´ study results
Pre-conference event: Specialized seminars (12 September 2018)
- Situational analysis in pedagogical research – the practice of mapping
Mgr. Jan Kalenda, Ph.D.
- Working with PhD students at universities in the USA
prof. Pamela Havice, prof. William Havice
- Content analysis of texts – how to work with various types of research
prof. PhDr. Peter Gavora, CSc.
- The limits of application of statistical significance tests in pedagogical research: a seminar for NON-statisticians
Mgr. Ilona Kočvarová, Ph.D.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
Your application for participation in the event, abstract of your paper, as well as payment of conference fees will be expected within the timeframe of 15 March to 15 May 2018.
Applications and fee payment by university students for passive participation in the conference without paper presentation will be accepted by 15 July 2018.
More information (in Czech) can be found at www.capv.cz.
METHODS OF PARTICIPATION
- Active participation in the conference
Active participation consists in a submission of a paper to the thematic sections, a poster presentation or registration for a symposium.
- Passive participation in the conference
Passive participation consists in registration without the contribution of a paper, although the attendee is welcome to participate in the symposium or poster presentation, as well as to take part in discussions within individual sections.
- Attendance at expert seminars
Participation in the expert seminars is intended for students of doctoral study programs, although all other participants can choose this form of registration.
- Active participation in the conference
If more than one author has contributed to a presentation / article, each co-author who is planning to attend the conference must individually register for the event via the conference sign-in form.
One participant in the conference can submit up to two papers.
Types of fees and participation*
|Basic conference fee (standard attendee, no discount)||1 990,-|
|Reduced conference fee for CERA members||1 690,-|
|Reduced conference fee for full-time students||1 400,-|
|Participation fee for the social evening for full-time students||200,-|
|Attendance fee for expert seminars without full participation in the conference (maximum for 2 seminars)||600,-|
* With the exception of discounted payments by students of full-time study programs, conference fees include full participation for the social evening. (Students are welcome to attend the evening for a nominal fee.) The conference fees cover only the official attendee, i.e. conference credentials cannot be shared.
In the event of non-attendance at the conference, the fee will not be refunded, with exceptions only for demonstrably serious reasons supported by documented evidence, if requested.
ABSTRACTS OF CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
All submitted abstracts for papers will be anonymously peer reviewed. Authors will also be notified regarding any required modifications to be made, after which the abstracts will be published in the conference program.
Information will be updated as it is made available.
The conference languages are Czech, Slovak and English.
Contact for questions regarding conference activities: Mgr. Hana Navrátilová – firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated and additional information will be made available at the conference webpage: www.capv2018.utb.cz
We hope to see you to Zlín and we look forward to your presentations and learning about the results of your research.
XXVIth Annual Conference of the Czech Education Research Association